Application for Funding
The Trust Deed of the World Traders Charitable Trust Deed (The Deed) states as its objects
- to promote and encourage and foster World Trade in all its aspects
- the relief of poor persons engaged in, or affected by, world trade and their dependants
- the furtherance of education and training in connection with the advancement of world trade
- the benefit of such charitable institution or purpose as the Trustees, after consulting with the Company, acting through the Master, think fit.
Who should apply?
Proposals are invited from UK registered charities, including non profit making organisations involved in educational projects, whose objectives and provision of charitable services are aligned to the objects outlined above.
Criteria for evaluation
- Requests must be consistent with the objects of the Trust (above)
- Any single donation will typically be in the range of £250 - £5,000 and should not normally be more than 50% of total project funding
- Results must be clear and measurable
- Projects funded are those with which the company can be publicly identified
- Preference will be given to projects that are original or innovative
- A link with the City of London is desirable but not essential
- The Trustees will consider a long-term continuous project, but the annual commitment will be restricted to 3 consecutive years
- Donations are not made to individuals
Download an application form
Complete the online form
- Proposals will then be considered by the Education and Charities Committee at their next scheduled meeting
- Suitable applications will be forwarded to the Trustees with a recommendation for funding
- The decision of the Trustees is final